The ITM is looking for two new team members! We’re hiring for a communications specialist and community program manager.
We’re looking for a Communications Specialist who will translate complex scientific research into engaging stories highlighting ITM research, programs, and the importance of participating in clinical trials. This person will be a part of our communications team and assist with communications and marketing work across ITM institutions at the University of Chicago, Rush, Advocate Health Care, the Illinois Institute of Technology, Loyola University Chicago, and NorthShore University HealthSystem. Responsibilities include:
- Cover assigned science stories
- Use graphic design skills to create marketing materials
- Shoot and edit photos and video
- Update and maintain websites
- Execute social media strategies
- Support marketing and communications needs for the ITM’s New Normal Campaign
- Support marketing and communications needs for the ITM’s Trial and Innovation Recruitment Office (TRIO)
We’re also searching for a Program Manager for ITM-Rush. The Program Manager will help make Chicagoans healthier by building collaborative, community-focused research programs and connecting scientists and doctors with community members. Responsibilities include:
- Bring scientists and community members together to design and implement research studies
- Develop and coordinate ways to communicate with and receive feedback from communities
- Distribute information to the community
- Attend community meetings on behalf of the ITM to learn about community concerns and interests
- Evaluate community engagement
- Integrate ITM community engagement work with existing Rush programs and departments
About the Institute for Translational Medicine (ITM)
The Institute for Translational Medicine (ITM) makes research breakthroughs happen and gets those discoveries into the real world to improve your health as soon as possible. The ITM is a partnership between the University of Chicago and Rush in collaboration with Advocate Health Care, the Illinois Institute of Technology (Illinois Tech), Loyola University Chicago, and NorthShore University HealthSystem that’s fueled by almost $35 million in grants from the National Institutes of Health (NIH). We’re part of a network of more than 60 NIH-supported sites across the country working to slash the time it takes to develop and share new treatments and health approaches. We work with you and for you to make participating in health research easy, so that together we improve health care for all.
Join the movement and learn more about how we help researchers, physicians, community members, industry, government organizations, and others at chicagoitm.org.
Connect with us on Facebook and Twitter @ChicagoITM.
The ITM is supported by the National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences (NCATS) of the National Institutes of Health (NIH) through Grant Number UL1TR002389.